Jan 30, 2009

Looking for a Miracle for HOPE

During a 2 month stay in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, a staff of a local NGO brought me to the Central Market. As we walked around, I saw this boy in the photo above.

In this article, I shall call the boy, HOPE. Hope's uncle who was there told us that everyday, they would go to the Central Market to seek the goodwill of the people there for their survival. To me, I thought that Hope was probably 12 or 13 years old because of his size but he was already 17 years old then. Hope has no immediate family and depend solely on his uncle.

I promised myself that one day, I will try to find a plastic or neuro surgeon who could give Hope a chance at life. Imagine at 17 years, he has to beg for a living, who would even employ him with a face like that? Behind that growth, I believe that Hope has a normal face and God willing, someday someone will give Hope a new face and not be a freak that people just stare at.

IS THERE SUCH A SURGEON OR ANYONE WHO IS GENEROUS ENOUGH TO GIVE HOPE A NORMAL LIFE? SEARCH YOUR HEARTS AND COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS...

Vicki Mah, Social Worker

No comments: